There is something for everyone in Uig. These are just a few ideas but there are unlimited options for those wishing to explore and enjoy Uig.
1. Fly a kite on the beach
2. Surf or SUP lessons can be booked with SurfLewis
3. Kayak around the shore
4. Take a boat trip with Seatrek to see dolphins, whales, seals, eagles and much more.
5. Go fishing
6. Visit a local gallery. (ie. Mangersta Gallery or there is one in Kneep and Carishader)
8. Climb Suainaval or Mealsabhal.
9. Walk and explore everywhere and anywhere (such as the Hamnaway Track, Gallan Head, Beaches, An Suilachan Monument and many more)
10. Visit the ruined nunnery beyond Brenish
11. See the cliffs and sea stacks between Mangersta and Islivig. (As shown in National Geographic)
12. Swim in the river at Ardroil beach
13. Visit the ancient cemetery next to Baile-na-cille Guesthouse
14. Visit Uig Museum - it's truly excellent
15. Shop at the Uig Community Shop, glean local knowledge and support our community.
16. Take a distillery tour at Abhainn Dearg (Red River) distillery, just beyond Ardroil.
17. Take a smokery tour and sample/buy the smoked salmon at Uig Lodge.
18. Kite-surfing in Uig bay
19. Sand-yachting/land-yachting on Ardroil sands.
20. Jump off the pier into the sea at Valtos.
21. Catch crabs off the Valtos pier.
22. Buy fresh and local seafood at the Scallop Shack at Miavaig Pier.
23. Try mountain biking or taking in the sights from your bike. Rent bikes at Bike Hebrides.
24. TAKE PICTURES AND SHARE USING #visituig